Saturday, October 01, 2005

This life is very academic

So, it has been a while since I wrote anything down here. Well, that's what happens when your life suddenly turns into one of academic thinking and working. My pee-on status has been upped a little bit at school. Rather than only being one who is told what to do and maybe how and where to find what it is that one is supposed to do, I have now become the"go-to" pee-on. Now, I haven't officially been given the title or the plaque for my barren office, but I get asked all kinds of questions by my co-horters and sometimes even the professors. Apparently, what comes out of my mouth is something that makes sense to them or it is the answer that they want to hear. What I have determined is that since I keep regular office hours in my white-walled basement bat-cave, I am very easily found by anyone who wishes to access the information that can fall out of my mouth. The others tend to work elsewhere, either on campus or at home. Not that I have a problem with that, sometimes it would be nice to talk face to face with someone rather than through email.

I have taken on the task of understanding and creating databases. I had some experience with that last year when my dad and I (mostly my dad) worked on a gradebook program. Now I have two databases up and running for various information that I need to keep take of and make little reports for. This took so much time for me last week. I also felt like the biggest geek. I did take this geek percentage rating quiz like two weeks ago. I was 27.9% geek. For those that know me, it really should not be that surprising. So, given my new understood level of geekness, I was able to figure out and get the databases to what I wanted. Drawing from ones inner geek, can help out in a pinch. Kim took the geek test. She was called a poser and they didn't score her. She says she was being honest. I think she has a little bit more geek in her than she is willing to admit. Given that, she married a quarter geek. If we have any kids they will be at least 1/8th geek.

Well, today is Saturday and home game for the Cornhuskers. That means that after kickoff at 2:45, it is a perfect time to go grocery shopping.

I am Mr. Peabody and I am doing a great job of procrastinating.

No comments: