Sunday, September 11, 2005

Feeling kneedeep, but I should be over my head

Things are very much falling into the patterns of just bearly getting things done in time. I don't even feel like I hav etime to be doing this, but I would rather be writing this than revising a stupid paper for a stupid class. I have a really really pointless class called Science Writing. It is a complete waste of my time and engery and unfortunately it is a big part of time in classes. The premiss of the class was to help become a better writer through looking at the process of writing with a scientific basis. That sounds fine, but really the professor is focused on writing for the general public using a newspaper style of reporting. This very much plays down what I need in terms of writing for a educational research. It is very frustrating. This class will take up nothing but time and that is in very short supply at the moment. Aside from that class things are going very well.

I really like working on the research pieces that are being persued. This whole Wraparound Fidelity is very interesting to me. Taking a look at making sure what is said to be going on is actually going on. Holding people accountable for their actions is what it comes down to.

I also am now married. This is turning out to be a very good thing. Kim and I have had a few conversations about what are the differences and, really, are not too much. We had merged accounts and insurence companies prior. We just need to what on saying what we mean in ways that the other can really understand it, but I think that will always be the case. Communication is a piece that is always a "something we are working on." At least we are on the same page about working on it, so that we don't butt heads too often :). We do tend to find the humor in a lot of our miscommuncations, though. We did go to Target yesterday and to Peir 1. With all the gift cards and what not, we spent about $800, but ended up only paying $10 out of pockets. So, we have a new kitchen table and chairs, along with a wicker truck and assorted other pieces of decor. That was so much fun for me.

I am Mr. Peabody and I have a fudge bar colored TV room.

No comments: